Are you our next SheStarts Program Director?
Day-in-a-Life of our Program Director
Launched in 2016, SheStarts has been internationally recognised as an award-winning accelerator program for female founders. As BlueChilli looks to grow the impact of this program, we are growing the SheStarts team, with the new Program Director joining a passionate group of people committed to gender equality and inclusion in tech.
The Program Director for SheStarts is a central role in our growth and innovation team, driving the execution of our longest running corporate-backed accelerator program for female-led startups.
The overall goal of the Program Director is to drive and deliver a valuable program to stakeholders including partners, startups and investors. As the captain of the ship, you will set the strategic direction and lead the team towards the promised land.You will draw on your skills as a communicator, relationship builder, organiser and translator to bring together the different stakeholders in the program and ensure there is clear direction to achieve the shared goals.
The project you’ll be working on…
- Account and relationship management with clients to deliver on contract requirements and secure program renewal,
- Network with and recruit industry, ecosystem, media and government partners and collaborators, as necessary,
- Act as a spokesperson for the program (internally and externally),
- Oversee design and strategy for bespoke program delivery and regular program events, ensuring the principles of inclusion and empowerment are placed at the centre of program and event curation,
- Regular travel on behalf of the program, domestically and internationally,
- Pitching, writing & speaking engagements with partners, sponsors, media and at events,
- Recruit and liaise with expert mentors and advisors to engage them in the program in support of the founders,
- Oversee the marketing and PR campaign for startup & founder recruitment,
- Work with the program EiR(s) to translate partner requirements to startups and coach founders through the highs and lows of the accelerator program,
- Provide internal reporting and feedback on the progress of the program and supply any reporting and metrics requested by the clients to demonstrate partnership ROI,
- Where applicable, coordinating video production, identifying collaboration opportunities and driving goodwill in the ecosystem for the programs.
- A Communicator – you can translate realities of startup land to a wide range of audiences :as founders, partners or supporters.
- A Relationship-builder – you can quickly establish authentic, trusted connections with people.
- An Advocate – you are passionate about gender equality, committed to working as part of a community of champions.
- A Collaborator – you look for ways to join the dots, connecting with people and organisations who support the mission of SheStarts.
- A Steward – you are able to make decisions quickly balancing the best interest of the program, the partners, the founders and the team.
- A Shepherd – you will be able to guide founders in the program like a shepherd watching over your flock, coaching them through the challenges of stepping into this new world of startups.
- Calm in the storm – The team, the startups and the corporate partners will look to you yo provide guidance, stability and assurance during tough times and peak periods of activity.
- A team player – this is a hands-on, all-in role so you need to be willing to get into the trenches and get your hands dirty behind the scenes in order to deliver exceptional results front-of-house.
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- An enthusiasm and excitement about entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Experience in client liaison, account management or relationship management.
- Experience dealing with media and/or running (or working across) campaigns with digital and PR/events components.
- Experience in facilitation, presenting and/or coaching.
If you do a good job…
This role is a unique opportunity for the right person to be part of not just a great program in a great company, but also a powerful movement for gender equality. As the Program Director for SheStarts, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in best practice for inclusive entrepreneurship, and to develop and eventually demonstrate your own skills as an expert in this field. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your network and connections with great leaders in the Australian and international tech and innovation ecosystem – to share learnings and tap into the wealth of experience that exists across this network.
To learn about what BlueChilli offers and employee benefits, click here.
Maybe this role is not for you if….
- You easily get overwhelmed by working on a number of priorities at the same time.
- You prefer working alone rather than as part of a team.
Interested? Awesome. Apply here.