Are you our new People & Operations Manager?
NOTE: Though this role is based in Sydney, it is open to everyone at to all levels of experience and background.
Day-in-a-Life of our People & Operations Manager
The People & Operations Manager is the glue to all the operational and team related initiatives at BlueChilli. As a people-first organisation, it is your job to make sure that all employees have what they need to make their maximum contribution to the company. You will work with the Head of People across a number of projects, including our internal programs, the operational maintenance of our physical spaces and managing our resources in a way that is both impactful to business growth and cost-effective.
On any given week, you will be:
- Working with our Head of People to ensure our internal systems are regularly reviewed and that we have data-driven measures to allow you to, advise on our human resources initiatives and assisting in the planning for our internal growth programs.
- Playing a key role in defining and enforcing role boundaries and resource distribution in our internal programs and teams.
- Providing data-driven reports on the utilisation of resources, both physical and digital, management of company inventory and facilities (such as IT hardware and physical spaces) including our headquarters in Sydney and our expansion into Asia.
- Instrumental in the planning and resource strategy for our global expansion, including the setup of headquarters, physical spaces, budgeting and scheduling.
Type of projects you’ll be working on…
BlueChilli works with a vast array of Founders and Startups. Here are some examples:
- The right hand to the Head of People: we are counting on your professionalism and discretion to help drive HR and Operational projects forward, including documentation, team building, engagement initiatives and employee records.
- Resource planning: investigating new ways and reviewing our current implementation of our workforce deployment, as well as working with the Head of People on real-time reporting and budget forecasting for workforce and resource planning.
- Operational systems: facilitating the adoption and maintenance of our operational systems and processes, across all equipment and throughout all our offices to ensure that we are operating efficiently and predictably.
- Documentation: reviewing and updating our internal documentation and filing systems, including our organisational structure charts and other People Team documentation as required.
- Project Systems: responsible for overseeing the performance and improvement of all project management systems (Airtable, Asana, Monday, Harvest, Trello) and keeping records of roles, boundaries and responsibilities for the teams.
- Recruitment: Playing a key part in keeping the hiring leads moving and resource plans up to date in accordance to recruitment activity as directed by the Head of People.
- Internal Programs: The People Team is tasked with the user experience of the internal BlueChilli team. We look after everything from Induction and on-boarding, to training and development, on to team events and celebrations.
- 125 York community & building management: : our head office also functions as a coworking space and it needs constant management and maintenance to ensure the best experience for our tenants.
- Operational strategy: growth and expansion into global markets to scale the BlueChilli business model with focus in reproducing, managing and setting up of our operational systems, resources and physical setup to support the growth of our accelerator.
- A background, interest or curiosity in human resources and operations management.
- Exceptional organisational skills, in particular when it comes to employee records and documentation.
- A sixth sense about prioritisation and delegation.
- The power to produce great experiences – both internally and externally – with a limited budget and timeline.
- The ability to communicate with patience, kindness and clarity both in person and in writing.
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Familiarity with lean startup methodologies.
- Dexterity with online tools (Trello) and offline tools (AV equipment, conferencing setups).
- Community management experience, especially in startups or in the tech industry.
- Mastery of spreadsheets and Google Drive suites.
- Able to start a project with limited information.
- Excited to take the next step in your business management, people, or human resources career.
If you do a good job…
This role is very varied and has a lot of autonomy, more than any position at this level would typically have. It is also a position that requires a high level of organisation, triaging abilities and communication skills. Similar roles at BlueChilli have been amazing trampolines for the people in them, as they showcase a range of abilities and talents that are absent in other parts of the business.
Maybe this role is not for you if….
- You easily get overwhelmed by working on a number of projects at the same time.
- You prefer working alone rather than as part of a team.
- You are not comfortable with incomplete information – startups deal with uncertainty every day.
- You need a lot of direction or structure for daily tasks – our team is very autonomous.
A little bit about BlueChilli
Interested? Great! Apply here.