1. Information on how to apply to the BlueChilli Health Tech Accelerator (the “Programme”) and awards made to successful applicants forms part of these terms and conditions. By applying, applicants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions with the Programme Parties. Applications must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
2. The accelerator provider is BlueChilli Pte Ltd, Reg 201841493G (“BlueChilli” or “The Accelerator”) tel: +61 (2) 8096 8160.
3. BlueChilli HealthTech Accelerator is supported and sponsored by a number of corporate partners (the ”Programme Partners”) who will participate to add value at various stages in the programme. BlueChilli reserves the right to add or remove other Programme Partners at its absolute discretion.
4.Entry is open to persons who are 18 years or older as of 28 May 2019. Applications can be made by individuals or teams of Eligible Applicants where the main applicant is an Eligible Applicant. All team members must be listed in the application – team entrants cannot nominate a person who is not named on the entry to participate in the bootcamp.
5. The Application Period is the period commencing at 06:00 SGT on 28 May 2019, and ending at 11:00pm SGT on 16 July 2019 (“Closing Date”). The Accelerator accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected applications. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible applications will be deemed invalid. Applications must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Accelerator during the Application Period. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply to the Programme, Eligible Applicants must complete an application form by visiting BlueChilli HealthTech Accelerator webpage (“Programme Website”) during the Application Period and following the links to apply. Eligible Applicants may start, save and submit an application during the Application Period. Eligible Applicants are able to update their application any time prior to the Closing Date.
6. There is no limit on the number of entries a person may submit and Eligible Applicants are permitted to submit an entry that has previously been submitted to BlueChilli.
7. BlueChilli may reject any application for any reason.
8. To receive full placement in the programme and pre-seed investment option of SGD$30,000 as outlined in Section 20, entrants must incorporate their business as a registered limited liability company in Singapore.
9. Applications will be screened and assessed by a judging panel consisting of representatives from the Accelerator, associates of the Accelerator and the Programme Partners.
10. Up to 50 Eligible Applicants will be awarded a placement in the Bootcamp (as defined below) and will be known as Finalists. Applications must meet the brief described on the Programme Website, comply with these terms and conditions and will be scored in terms of:
11. The Finalists will be notified via email by 7th August and must respond in writing to accept the Finalist Award (as defined below) within 48 hours.
12. As part of the screening and assessment process, the Accelerator and Programme Partner will consider if each Finalist (including its team members, if relevant) is: (1) involved in alleged corruption or fraud or similar offences; (2) has a close relationship to government, particularly where there is an opportunity to influence the government; (3) makes any unusual requests for payment; or (4) may have a negative impact on the Programme Partner’s reputation. Any application that contains content that the Accelerator, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Accelerator considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an application is at the Accelerator’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Finalists will participate in a startup validation bootcamp held on various days (see below) during the period from Saturday 17th August to 31 August 2019, run by BlueChilli and mentors in the programme (“Bootcamp”). Attendance by Finalists at activities during the Bootcamp is mandatory unless otherwise stated.
14. During the Bootcamp, the Finalists will work with BlueChilli to refine and develop their ideas. Bootcamp consists of approximately 13 contact hours (including one-hour group sessions and 30 minute 1:1 sessions) and Finalists will need to allocate approximately 10 hours per week to follow up with validation tasks after the sessions. Attendance at the Bootcamp is mandatory to be considered for the next phase of the Programme outlined below.
On Friday 30th - Saturday 31st August 2019, the Finalists will pitch their refined ideas to a judging panel consisting of representatives of both the Accelerator and the Programme Partners (“Panel”) to determine those Finalists who will progress to the next phase of the Programme and become Programme Startups. Each Finalist will be assessed by the Panel at the Panel’s absolute discretion, according to the growth potential of the opportunity and the ability of the founder/team to successfully execute the solution, in each case as determined by the Panel.
15. Up to 15 Programme Startups may be selected by the Panel. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The selected Programme Startups will be announced at a selection showcase on 31 August 2019 in Singapore.
17. The Accelerator will provide a total travel stipend of SG$500 to Finalists who are required to travel to the pitching and showcase events forming part of the Bootcamp from outside Singapore.
18. The award for Finalists (Finalist Award) (up to 50 available) consists of the following:
19. In exchange for 10% equity and the investment option, the award for the selected Programme Startups (Programme Startup Award) (up to 15 available) consists of the following:
20. To be eligible to receive the Programme Startup Award including full placement in the Programme and the Pre-Seed Investment, Programme Startups must:
21. BlueChilli works with venture funds including Anthill Ventures who may invest up to SG$1,000,000 in follow-on funding in one or more Programme Startups. Any such investment is subject to the decision of the investment committees who will determine if the investment is to go ahead and how much to invest in their absolute discretion.
22. The Finalist Award and Programme Startup Award (each, an “Award”) must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. Awards are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash outside the relevant investee company. Any change in the value of an Award between the publishing date and the date the Award is claimed is not the responsibility of the Accelerator or the Programme Partner. None of the Accelerator, the Programme Partner or the Programme Partner’s Related Entities accepts any responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Awards. Independent legal, financial and tax advice should be sought.
23. No compensation will be payable if a Finalist or Programme Startup (or their companions if applicable) is unable to use any element of an Award for whatever reason. Any part of an Award that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and will not be substituted. Placement at the Bootcamp and Programme (as applicable) must be taken on the dates nominated by the Accelerator otherwise the entire placement is forfeited. No extension or variation of the placement dates will be permitted. All components of the Bootcamp and Programme (as applicable) must be taken together. Any element of the Bootcamp (or the Programme as applicable) not taken will be forfeited and not substituted.
24. All applications and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the applications remain at all times the property of the applicants.
25. Applicants warrant that they own or have the right to use the intellectual property as set out in their applications.
26. The Accelerator reserves the right to verify the validity of applications and reserves the right to disqualify any applicant for tampering with the application process or for submitting an application which is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or if the applicant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Accelerator’s, the Programme Partner’s and the Programme Partner’s Related Entities’ legal and other rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
27. Applicants must only enter in their own name. The Accelerator reserves the right to request the successful Finalists and Programme Startups to produce (within a nominated time period) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Accelerator’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity, age, residency and/or eligibility to enter and/or claim an Award and any information submitted by the applicant in entering the Programme before issuing an Award. If the documentation required by the Accelerator is not received by the Accelerator (or its nominated agent) or the applicant has not been verified or validated to the Accelerator’s satisfaction within the time requested, that applicant’s application will become invalid. Proof of identification, residency and application considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Accelerator. An Award will only be awarded following any validation and verification of the applicant that the Accelerator requires in its sole discretion. In the event that an applicant cannot provide suitable proof, the relevant Award will be forfeited and no substitute will be offered as the applicant will be disqualified.
28. The Accelerator acknowledges that the application is confidential. The Accelerator, it’s associated entities, the Programme Partner and advisors will have access to the Application for the purpose of validating and judging the application. The Accelerator may refer application information to entities associated with the Accelerator including venture capital entities, investors, the Programme Partner, and Government agencies and third parties who may wish to independently explore commercial or other opportunities with Finalists and Programme Startups.
30. As a condition of applying to the Programme, applicants consent to the Accelerator, the Programme Partners and the Programme Partner’s Related Entities using the applicant’s, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) and general descriptions of the application in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Accelerator, the Programme Partners or the Programme Partner’s Related Entities. The selected Program Startups agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Accelerator and its agents that occurs during the course of the Programme
31. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), each of the Accelerator, the Programme Partner and the Programme Partner’s Related Entities (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Programme, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Accelerator’s, the Programme Partner’s or the Programme Partner’s Related Entity’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any application or Award claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Accelerator) for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Accelerator; (d) any variation in Award value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an applicant, Finalist, Programme Startup or any other party; or (f) use of an Award.
32. If the Programme is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Accelerator including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Accelerator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any applicant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Programme, as appropriate.
33. None of Accelerator and its associated agencies and companies, the Programme Partner nor the Programme Partner’s Related Entities (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) are responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to applicant’s or any other person’s mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
34. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Accelerator, the Programme Partner and the Programme Partner’s Related Entities reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Accelerator, the Programme Partner or a Related Entity of the Programme Partner (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these terms and conditions or any other legal obligation by an applicant, the applicant agrees to indemnify on demand the Accelerator, the Programme Partner and the Programme Partner’s Related Entities (including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) for those losses, damages and costs.
35. Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions or the Programme should be construed as a representation, warranty or guarantee from the Accelerator, the Programme Partner or the Programme Partner’s Related Entities that an applicant will be selected to participate in the Programme and/or receive any Award or investment, which will at all times be at the absolute discretion of the Accelerator and/or the Panel (as applicable) and subject to these terms and conditions.
36. Failure by the Accelerator, the Programme Partner or a Related Entity of the Programme Partner to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.