The Business Boost grants program provides support to businesses to advance improvements in their efficiency and productivity.
This support includes funded activities in 3 project areas:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Staff management, development and planning
The program is administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT).
You may be eligible to receive a grant payment of $15,000 (excluding GST) on completing your proposed project.
Successful applicants must co-contribute at least 30% of the total project costs. Grant funding will be paid only after compliant acquittal documentation is received.
This will not fund projects with:
- A total cost of less than $10,715 (excluding GST)
- Payments made before the approval date (you must be approved before you pay for grant-funded project activities).
To be eligible for this grant, your business must:
- Have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and registered for GST
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Have a turnover of between $300,000 (minimum) and $600,000 (maximum) in the last financial year (2020–21)
- Have a publicly reachable web presence to identify business operations (e.g. business website and/or social media pages)
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
How to apply
Applications open at 9am on Friday 30 July 2021.
The application form will be available on the Business Queensland website from 30 July.
Check your eligibility to find out if your business can apply for the program.
Join our mailing list!
Thank you for reading our blog! If you’re not already on our BlueChilli newsletter mailing list, click here to join and be the first to hear about our startup news and events: https://www.bluechilli.com/newsletter/