Yesterday, we felt incredibly proud to be standing in front of the inaugural Xcelerate bootcamp cohort of 40 startup founders.
Over the next two weeks, these founders from all around Australia and New Zealand will work on their concepts with our product, engineering and Entrepreneur in Residence teams to develop early proof of viability with our partners, Coca-Cola Amatil.
“This isn’t “innovation theatre” – this is real. Real people with really big ambitions working with one of Australia’s biggest companies to change the future in sustainability, logistics and data.” – Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin, BlueChilli CEO
The program received thousands of visits during the campaign period, with more than 600 expressions of interest, 300 of whom submitted eligible applications. 40 ideas have made it into the bootcamp period.
Up to 15 ideas will successfully enter the 6 month accelerator program.
So what’s in it for founders?
The startup bootcamp period, designed to help founders refine and market test their ideas, will wrap-up on June 13th in a selection showcase where up to 15 founders will gain access to a spot in the 6 month accelerator program.
In return for 15% equity, accelerator participants will benefit from:
- A technical product built by experienced engineers and developers
- Expertise including an assigned Product Manager and Entrepreneur-in-Residence, market-proven curriculum and a cohort of peers
- Co-working space in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for the duration the accelerator program
- Access to subject matter experts and customers to validate their ideas
- An initial AUD$38,000 to get started, with up to a further $500,000 in follow-on funding available
- The chance to pilot and scale the business with Coca-Cola Amatil
“It’s so awesome to see the result of months of hard work and effort, and today, I felt incredibly proud to be standing in front of our inaugural Xcelerate bootcamp cohort”. – Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin, BlueChilli CEO
We can’t wait to see how they go in the bootcamp and who makes the cut.